Yahoo Solutions is shutting down on Could 4, 2021, the Verizon-owned Yahoo introduced this week. The 16-year-old question-and-answer service will enter read-only mode on April 20, stopping customers from posting new questions or answering different customers’ questions, Yahoo stated. On the Could 4 shutdown date, the web site will now not be accessible, and the URL will redirect to the Yahoo homepage, Yahoo stated. No different Yahoo companies are affected by this announcement.
Simply why folks nonetheless use Yahoo Solutions is a query that most likely lacks a satisfying reply. One Ars colleague prompt that I format this text “as a query adopted by a bunch of poorly written responses that do not fairly reply the query.” As a substitute of that, let’s check out among the latest questions which have risen to the highest or close to the highest of the Yahoo Solutions homepage.
The shutdown announcement prompted anger from folks asking if Yahoo Solutions is being “shut to silence conservatives” and for suggestions of different websites that submit “the reality concerning the left’s degeneracy.” One other requested whether or not former President Donald Trump can purchase Yahoo to stop the shutdown. Others wished to know whether or not the US can survive Biden’s presidency and whether or not Democrats will ever “admit” that the election was rigged (it wasn’t).
Current questions listed on the homepage embrace:
- “Will America survive 4 years of Joe Biden?”
- “Are you able to level me to a different web site like yahoo solutions the place I can submit concerning the reality concerning the left’s degeneracy and ruining of the USA?”
- “Will liberals cry when Trump wins in 2024?”
- “I feel George Floyd died from HEALTH ISSUES?”
- “Ought to Trump purchase Yahoo instantly to stop Solutions from being shut down?”
- “Why do I want ID to purchase firearm if I do t want one to vote?”
- “Why does Joe stutter a lot like a retard and appears older than the tales from the crypt keeper?”
- “Closing of ‘Yahoo! solutions’ means ‘as soon as once more we misplaced freedom of speech’?”
- “Why do Donald Trump and Republicans hate minorities and love white supremacists?”
- “Is Yahoo Solutions being shut to silence conservatives?”
- “As Yahoo! Solutions prepares to close down, how will conservatives spin the choice as an try to censor solely conservatives?”
- “70,000,000 folks voted for Trump. They can not all be silly, can they?”
- “Do you agree with liberals who say Florida might be beneath water by 2050?”
- “Will Democrats ever admit that the election was rigged?”
- “Will Trump’s new social media platform host a Q&A so we are able to hold the dialogue going? And can feedback to information tales return?”
There was additionally one “query” falsely claiming that just one.4 million Jews died within the Holocaust as an alternative of the widely accepted estimate of 6 million.
Yahoo’s closing solutions
Yahoo beforehand shut down Yahoo Teams in 2019 and deleted every part after giving customers an opportunity to obtain their very own content material.
Anybody who needs to obtain their Yahoo Solutions content material should make a request utilizing the directions out there at this hyperlink by June 30. Yahoo stated that “it could take as much as 30 days to obtain your content material obtain.” The information might be supplied in JSON format.
“The place ought to I am going when I’ve questions sooner or later?” is without doubt one of the questions Yahoo posed and answered in its FAQ concerning the shutdown. The FAQ prompt visiting Yahoo Search “for solutions and knowledge from the net” or the Yahoo COVID web page for “particular data and assets across the Coronavirus pandemic.”